Position: HFI Country Ambassador – Building finance partnerships for chronic diseases
Would you like to build country partnerships to make the world a healthier place?
Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) are the leading cause of death and disability, globally — yet there continues to be an underinvestment in action and financing. The Health Finance Institute (HFI) is a global-health start-up working to change this. HFI’s mission is to build public-private blended finance partnerships focused on the prevention and treatment of NCDs.
HFI is a global, blended finance non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, DC. We work with the private sector, countries, financial partners, implementers, and international organizations to broker health and development investments.
Scope of Work
We are seeking an individual to help lead, continue and accelerate the groundbreaking work that Health Finance Institute embarks on.
This position is responsible for the strategic initiation and completion of country scoping activities in Mexico. We hope you bring a passion for in-country program development and collaboration with ministries of health, implementing partners, and a diverse array of stakeholders to explore new finance vehicles that can unlock capital investments for NCDs. The Country Ambassador will conduct key stakeholder interviews, liaise with private and public sector partners, and study the investment climate in the country and region. This position will report to HFI’s Global Health Specialist
We are looking for someone who has:
- Professional experience: At least 6 years of professional work experience in global health, health financing / finance, and development in Mexico, with majority of time spent building, implementing, and managing country programs preferred
- Minimum educational requirement: Master’s degree in public health, international relations, health economics, or related field
- Demonstrated in-country experience in Latin America, Southeast Asia, Middle East, and/or Sub-Saharan Africa building relationships with Ministries of Health, implementing partners, private sector, and other relevant local stakeholders (e.g. academia, insurance providers, foundations, banks, etc.)
- Experience researching emerging themes in impact investing and presenting findings to inform innovative finance and blended finance projects in the health context of Tanzania
- Expertise with current global health and health policy trends and developments, non-communicable disease expertise a plus
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining strategic partnerships and developing strategic initiatives from scratch
- Experience working in financing and/or innovative financing for global health and development, including establishing multi-donor trust funds, impact bonds, impact investments, or other mechanisms
- Significant demonstrated knowledge and a nuanced understanding of the political and financial landscape and ecosystem of actors in global health and development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; with a persuasive and passionate ability to convey HFI’s country strategy to relevant audiences
- Excellent interpersonal/ relationship building skills and an ability to work with humility: cross- cultural communications and sensitivity is a must
- The ability to be flexible in working hours, working across different time zones
- Experience building public/private partnerships
- Demonstrated experience gathering and interpreting public health data
- Expertise conducting country needs assessments
Two qualities that really matter to us:
- Entrepreneurial drive and agility in new situations. HFI is unique: since we are a growing organization, we operate in a dynamic and fluid startup environment.
- Passionate and intrinsically motivated. We are looking for someone deeply committed to HFI’s mission.
Start date: June 20, 2020
End date: August 1, 2020
Level of Effort: 15 - 20% LOE
Compensation: Consulting contract, commensurate with experience
Stakeholder meeting summaries and transcripts- Submitted by July 15th
Please email a CV, writing sample, and cover letter to email@example.com
Only complete applications will be reviewed
jueves 9 julio 2020 19:18:00 por Webmaster INSP